Home Buying Process Explained
Meet with a professional
- Discuss the type of property you’re looking for, including style, price, and locations
Get pre-qualified or better yet, pre-approved
- You will need pay stubs, W2s, and bank statements, tax returns. Knowing what you can afford is critical to a successful experience and ensures you’re ready to buy the house you love!
Search for homes
- The fun part! Your agent will schedule showings and help you find the perfect home.
Make an offer
- Your agent will prepare your offer based on the price and terms you choose.
Negotiation and contract
- It may take a few times to get there, but hang in there. You’re on your way! It generally takes 30 – 45 days to close on a property once an offer is accepted.
In escrow or under contract
- You and the seller have agreed to the price and terms.
Final details & Closing
- Review terms with your lender and lock in your interest rate.
- Receive good faith estimates and timeline from lender.
- Order title history and title insurance.
- Secure your home owners insurance.
- Lender will order the appraisal and you will order the home inspection and possible well, water and septic system inspection. These three items are paid out of pocket by the buyer at the time of service.
- Resolve any inspections issues.
- Lender submits to underwriting for approval and generally takes 3-5 days.
- Receive loan approval
- Clear to Close
- Order closing documents
- Closing date is set.
- THE KEYS ARE YOURS!
Find Your Dream Home!
Are you looking for your dream home that fits your needs perfectly? Use our dream home finder form!